Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 23 July 2009

Closer and Closer…

I have been fascinated by hoverflies for the last three years – I just have to photograph them in ever greater detail, and one of the greatest challenges is to capture them in flight, but above all, I am determined to do this by using the camera handheld and without any automatic means of firing the shutter for that precise moment.

With each series of shots I take I try to learn more about the insects themselves as well as know my own limits and try to push them further. I am slowly getting there. I have learnt that I cannot simply keep raising the ISO rating, I cannot necessarily shorten the distance between the camera and the subject, I know also that I have to increase the depth of field by choosing a smaller aperture, but then I need more flash power, but that means the picture loses the ambient light, so it looks as if I may need to use a second flash unit to give me that, and so it goes on…

Here is the latest series with some ladybirds and other bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment