Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 5 July 2015

Another Brief Brogborough Lake Visit


Exercise nowadays is low impact on Fridays when I get in the swimming of as many individual underwater lengths of the Aquavale Competition Pool in Aylesbury and higher impact short cycle rides from Marston Moretaine to the Windsurfing Club at Brogborough Lake, and the most recent of those was on Saturday afternoon. The wind was against me going which is always good from a psychological standpoint so long as the general direction remains the same I can be assured of a following wind on the return journey – I am not one of the world’s fittest!

The journey is short enough to be enjoyable and the warm sunshine makes the ride seem far shorter and I tell myself that I am behaving responsibly from the ecological angle by not using the car for such a short stint, but a fit cyclist would hardly have got in their stride by the time I have arrived! Lycra on me would be ludicrous as I just don’t cut that sort of figure, so no cycle clips, just the trousers tucked into socks and sensible shoes complete my gear.

I brought my full-frame body, the 5D MkIII so as to avoid the extra step before processing of creating DNGs from the 7D MkII, but what this means is I do not have quite the same throw with my 150-600mm Tamron zoom, nor the burst rate, but I needed to check out how I’d get on with this combination. On balance I felt the 7D has the edge, so I will have to put up with the extra step in post processing until I upgrade the version of Lightroom I use. I have held off upgrading my operating system in order to to keep running costs in check whilst paying work is slow, and the time for that upgrade is sadly looming ever closer, but sadly the way Apple is moving connectivity with my existing hard drives means lots of adapters or newer replacement hard drives – an expense I cannot justify.

I settled down initially at the water’s edge where the surfers launch and return, but I later moved to the jetty, but soon after that move which was for better lighting conditions, the wind direction changed and fewer surfers went in that direction, which as it also dropped meant that my session was soon curtailed as my subjects all returned to shore. The shots I managed to capture were fairly colourful, but none were spectacular as the wind speed was not that high, but it was enjoyable while it lasted and the journey back was very swift and effortless. I hope the images I did capture bring some pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment