Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Whitecross Street Festival

Saturday evening was to be a very formal affair at the Caledonian Club in Halkin Street at which I was formally requested, (or should that be ‘forbidden’?) to bring a camera, with this in mind it was great news to hear that the very friends I was due to be staying with after that event were due to be visiting, and in the case of mine hostess, performing, at the Whitecross Street Festival.

This street is familiar to me, for my longtime friend Geoff Dann, has his studio at the top end of the eponymous street. I arrived at the Main Stage just in time for the start of Kit’s playing in the group, on the Gamelan, a Balinese percussive instrument. Fortunately I had already primed my camera and taken shots of a very unusual tall building by Old Street roundabout on my way to the venue, so I began shooting an tapping my feet to the strong beat of the music – always a challenge when you are photographing bands playing and the light does not penetrate the depths of a stage!

I tried my best to get shots of Kit that would be complimentary, whilst remembering there were also others in the band deserving of such care. I hope I have captured the spirit of joy that emanated from the players, I felt their slot was all too short, especially when I learned they had actually underun their allocated time; I would have enjoyed hearing more from them. The audience were equally enthusiastic which is always encouraging. Sadly since I was unaware of the timing of Kit’s playing it meant that Geoff was unable to hear her play. He joined us we sat down to have something to eat and drink, and only when he arrived did I remember he was already known to Kit and Gordon, since he had very kindly returned them to London after a Birthday Party of mine a couple of years back!

Liz Perry joined Geoff and I after our short lunch break and we explored a bit further before I had to leave to get back to north London to change into my DJ for my niece’s Fortieth Birthday Party back from Mumbai especially to be among friends and family. I did take one shot a young artiste painting at the corner of the street, and I hope she can get to see the treatment I gave to the shot when she turned to look straight at me, I wish I had managed to grab a more meaningful shot of the radio-controlled wheelie bin that squirted water at passers by that ignored it, but I do at least have the perpetrator in the background of the scene. I also managed to buy a couple of small presents for my two youngest grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment