Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 12 October 2018

Briefest of Brogborough Lake Visits

In Marston Moretaine the wind was reasonably strong, so despite only having a short window of time to pay a visit, I decided on a swift visit to see whether the slight and fitful breeze might just tempt a few sailors onto the lake. On my arrival I found just one sail on the horizon, as the wind direction meant they would heading backward and forth at a narrow angle towards the launching area, which favoured me from a photographic standpoint, so even though a single sail was not what I was hoping the chances of others venturing out was good, as I could see others making their preparations.
I decided that it was worth my taking a chance and setting up the tripod on the bank, close to the water such that there was a good likelihood they would often be heading almost head-on with reasonable side lighting, but that rather depended upon how much sunshine I might have and though when I arrived there was some, clouds certainly put that somewhat out of the question for most of the time.
When the sun caught the distant trees this did provide some colour as can be seen in the shot that heads this narrative. In conversation with a couple of the sailors I did reckon there could be some jumps if I was lucky but it would be difficult as it really need more wind, and on several occasions it would look promising only to deceive by disappearing in the very next instant!
Were it easy, where would be the challenge? I think at the height of the time I was there I think there may have been half a dozen on the water, and possibly had I been able to stay longer I might have taken a few more exciting images, but my time certainly was not wasted as I enjoyed chatting with some of those who had come along, and capturing a jump or two considering both the conditions and how brief was my visit; it was worth the visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment