Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Sunday 14 June 2020

Brogborough Lake Opens Partially

              The relaxation of the Lockdown saw Brogborough Lake open solely for members of the windsurfing club, so for my photography of the action, I was stationed outside the club boundary to photograph activity on the lake for both the natural bird and insect life, as well as the activity of the windsurfing community. So for the present, my not being a member precludes my presence within the bounds, so I set up just outside the Club area in the second spot with access to the water’s edge of the lake. Set up here, if the wind died down, there existed the opportunity to photograph the indigenous dragonflies and damselflies, and the windsurfers, if the wind kept the insect life at bay.
                  The wind direction meant that the windsurfers spent their activity at the distant end of the lake so, coupled with the natural lulls kept them at a distance from where I was located. Also, the narrow angle of view afforded from this spot, by the reeds also limited my opportunities for capturing the action on the lake. I came here without a firm idea as to what subjects I would capture, so the content of what I would be shooting was entirely down to happenstance. There were a few more hydrofoil craft than on my previous visits, as well as the kite sail in the hands of Sam Barnes. 
                  I also added a few more shots to my collection of cloudscapes. The main regret concerning the shots of the windsurfers is that all the activity took place at a distance, and with a restricted angle of view, but it was good to feel less restricted than hitherto recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment