Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 2 October 2020

Brogborough Lake – Berry Quiet


  The current weather has been punctuated by showers, mostly light, with occasional sunshine, and fairly warm when the wind is only light when it occurs. Since the most recent shower had died, I decided to chance the short drive to the lake at Brogborough, knowing full well that the lake would not be attractive to windsurfing activity on this occasion.

I did think there might just be some dragonflies, but I was soon to have that hope dashed — in the more than an hour I walked along the shoreline path, I had only the briefest glimpse of just one. Also, only one small white butterfly made a brief appearance.

Fortunately, the visit was not a waste of time, the early signs of Autumn were apparent in the warm colours of leaves, and the recent shower left droplets of water on blades of grass. Small long-limbed flying insects were hoping their colour was masked by the sun-dried reeds in which it had landed, but my patience and persistence prevailed.

The camera I was using was my Lumix with its long zoom range, and my decision to keep some close-up lenses handy, meant the range of subjects I was able to capture with just the LUMIX FZ10002 was not hampered by only having the one camera — I was able to use the lens at its full focal length reach for a shot of a distant bowl on the far horizon, yet also capture close-ups of small winged insects amongst the undergrowth. I was also able to capture distant landscapes and billowing cloud formations one moment then take advantage of the cameras integral electronic flash to bring out detail in backlit shots of berries high atop some of the lakeside bushes.

The scope of subjects this small and light camera can handle is impressive, and in this short walk did not even involve the carrying of any bag or tripod, just a soft camera case that I stuffed unceremoniously into my pocket, which had the two closeup lenses in their cases within.

Win, win! I got plenty of exercise without fatigue; fresh air in abundance and a reasonably varied range of images, all to a very adequate quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment