Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Friday 19 March 2021

Brogborough Lake and Beyond

                I decided that I might take a wander around the lake at Brogborough, what I had not expected just how heavy going it would be. Sadly, because I had not anticipated just how waterlogged the grass would be, I was ill-prepared, so I tended to attempt to find large tough grass clumps or fresh areas of longer grass, which meant my path was somewhat longer and a tad circuitous than when the going is dry. The main, normal path was muddy and puddled, so I tended to keep diverting to areas either side of the main path, thus making progress slow.

On this occasion, I had travelled light and did not have a long lens,  and this decision was based upon my last visit when 100mm at the long end was more than adequate as there were very few birds on the lake, so when a swan took off heading for its mate, the distance was rather too great, but I persevered! At one stage I was close to the shore and got some shots that captured the clear water and the ripples on the surface.

The rainfall this year is having a marked effect on the collapse of the high bank, which is having a marked effect on reducing the width of the path in places. Before moving to another nearby location, the allotments on the corner with the road to the village, I took a look into the roadside bushes, and spotted an odd pile of evenly cut twigs, which I found puzzling. Opposite the junction beyond the lake entrance, there is a small space devoted to a range of varied plants and flowers, which absorbed me for a while before calling it a day, and driving back.

No comments:

Post a Comment