Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Brogborough Lake - Sun and Some Wind

            I noted that the lake had several cars parked, with a couple of their owners preparing for their waterborne adventure, donning their wetsuits. There was no urgency, and considerable, convivial chatting. Above, there were fair weather clouds, and as the day drew on, these forms took their majestic shapes, and as ever, I was drawn to capturing their forms against the clear blue sky beyond. I also enjoy photographing rushing water, and waving weed filaments at the mercy of the eddies as they rush upon the shore, disturbed by the forms of brick and concrete detritus from the lake’s past.
            Not all the clouds were benign, some were a glowering slate colour, which occasionally formed a few passing droplets of water, but on this occasion, it seems we missed the showers; they were destined to fall elsewhere. It is on days like this that I am drawn to record the varied stages as they progress from benign, through threatening, and then disappearing leaving clear blue, or paler shades, and distant ghosts of their former shapes with lesser power, and now no longer threatening. I am not blessed with the skills to capture these shapes and colours with brushes and paints, but in case I need reminding of those fleeting moments, I record them with my cameras, and constantly envy those who are able to use painterly skills to produce them from memory or imagination.
            I may not possess the skills to create scenes of beauty and drama with paints and brushes, but I am fortunate that I am able to recognise and appreciate the splendour that occurs in nature, and value my blessing, and recognise how devastating it is for those who are sightless. Some of what I photograph may seem benign or banal, but I am grateful to have been able to witness it, and value it, and perhaps some can enjoy what I share — in this case a happy afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment