Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Tuesday 7 September 2021

Hiatus Gallery!

        
So named due to a disastrous week when my personal situation became almost totally chaotic, except for those spells when one or other daughter joined me briefly with their children. I am hoping I have come out the other side finally, but only time will tell. The cause of all this started with a power cut which corrupted both what I was working on at the time, and my overall catalogue of photo galleries. How this will play out in the future is uncertain, but I have other images yet to be processed, so as they say: “Time will Tell”.
        The main reason for the captured images of the bee was that during my somewhat tardy attack on the beyond- knee-high grass cutting, the bee was injured, possibly partially concussed. I had spotted it amongst the remnants of cuttings, wandering in circles absent-mindedly, so to avoid further injury, I marked the boundary area with some of the cuttings and finished the rest of the mowing, checking every so often on its progress. Later still upon my completion of the mowing, it seemed a tad less weary. Worrying that since I realised it needed energy to recover, I put down a plate of sugared water so it might drink. On the last visit to check on its progress there was no sign, so I am presuming that since there had been some progress on each of my checks, it had recovered its energy and had finally flown off.
        The rest of the images covered the web the largish spider had woven, and the more defined images of the butterfly on the Buddliea. And, as evening arrived, I heard the somewhat raucous sounds of a couple of groups of birds heading for their overnight roosting sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment