Welcome

I am Rod Wynne-Powell, and this is my way to pass on snippets either of a technical nature, or related to what I am currently doing or hope to be doing in the near future.

A third-person description follows:
Professional photographer, Lightroom and Photoshop Workflow trainer, Consultant, digital image retoucher, author, and tech-editor for Martin Evening's many 'Photoshop for Photographers' books.

For over twenty years, Rod has had a client list of large and small companies, which reads like the ‘who’s who’ of the imaging, advertising and software industries. He has a background in Commercial/Industrial Photography, was Sales Manager for a leading London-based colour laboratory and has trained many digital photographers on a one-to-one basis, in the UK and Europe.
Still a pre-release tester for Adobe in the US, for Photoshop, he is also very much involved in the taking of a wide range of photographs, as can be seen in the galleries.

See his broad range of training and creative services, available NOW. Take advantage of them and ensure an unfair advantage over your competitors…


View any Gallery by Clicking the relevant TEXT Headline

Thursday 25 February 2021

Briefest Forest Visit

            I set off to drive to a woodland destination with the desire to use the warm pale sunshine to capture the first signs of our next season, to reach my intended destination, but due to the stress of recent issues, I took the wrong exit from the second roundabout I encountered and then rather than find a way to correct my mistake, I took the serendipitous decision to continue in the hope it might prove to offer new and different opportunities for photographs.

            However, after encountering no obvious spots to park with prospects of interesting vistas, or woodland walks, a roundabout offered the renewed chance to view my return trip from the opposite viewpoint, and take the intended road with somewhat less time for my potential photography. I had ordered a new high capacity hard drive, which was scheduled for delivery in a projected one hour’s time.

            The very first potential image was the view of a distant tree’s fungal growth framed by the crook of a nearby tree branch and trunk — the colourful growth gave my view the appearance of a one-eyed horse’s head. These forms I frequently encounter whilst I am outside with a camera, and though some may be more immediately recognised by others, many may be more obtuse, or simply appeal to my sense of the bizarre.

            On this occasion when viewed in retrospect, it seemed at least to me, to be a pointer to the image I was later to mention which I posted with just this single image! There was a danger that since that Blog entry contained no link to any gallery of images, it had the potential to confuse any regular reader. But, since my encounter with two charming ladies in this truncated trip, I had taken a picture as they both headed towards me, and I had offered my card to be copied to the walking lady that she might see what I had captured. This narrative therefore covers the other images I managed in this somewhat curtailed trip. Since I have not ridden a horse since my early twenties, in that earlier image failed to spot my bloomer but having learned the errors of my ways, I have chosen by headlining the finally created narrative with an improved image.

            On my return from the woods, it was not long before I was able to unpack the weighty disk drive and start to add this gallery and its images, and then start the catch up process of filling in the gap with several of the earlier image galleries and their narratives. sadly their their true chronology is lost.

            



No comments:

Post a Comment